Sunday, August 15, 2010

Empathy, Republican Party Style

From The Hill, this is absolutely appalling. From
House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) revealed on Wednesday that three of his brothers lost their jobs during the recession.

Boehner, who has 11 siblings, said he’s not sure whether the three brothers remain unemployed.

“I’ve got real empathy for those who are unemployed, as most of you know I’ve got 11 brothers and sisters. I know that three of my brothers lost their jobs, I’m not sure whether they’ve found jobs, yet, so I’ve got a lot of empathy for those caught in this economic downturn,” Boehner said.
It is pretty clear why "empathetic" Boehner doesn't find any need to extend unemployment benefits. Despite his "obvious" deep love for his siblings, he can't find the time to know if they are unemployed or employed. I guess in his family a paycheque isn't a big deal, at least not big enough to actually keep informed about the status of whether money is coming in the door or not. It is heartwarming to see how "empathetic" Boehner is. He clearly spends the necessary time to stay well-informed on the status of his siblings.

Remind me to never drown in a lake where Boehner is on the shore. He's the kind of guy who would say "Hear that? I think some guy is calling out for help. Do you hear it? I sure do feel for the guy. I think somebody around here should throw him a line, or try to get him a life vest. I mean, everybody's got empathy for a guy drowning. Why even I feel hard for the guy. I do hope somebody hears him and comes to his rescue!"

Thank God for Republican empathy!

No comments: