Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Logical Next Step in Intellectual Property Right Claims

The state provides a mechanism for creative individuals and companies to protect the fruits of their inventiveness. The Disney company is very happy because, according to the Orlando Sentinel newspaper:
Records show that just two days after bin Laden's killing, Disney Enterprises, Inc., filed paperwork to trademark the name "SEAL TEAM 6."
But that means that I can now do the paperwork to take out a trademark for the name "Disney's SEAL TEAM 6" so when Disney tries to use "SEAL TEAM 6" I can sue them!

And just to protect myself, I plan to take out a trademark for "You are being sued for misusing our trademark" and "See you in court" and "The government requests your appearance in court" and "You are under arrest". Be warned. I will sue if any of you dare to infringe on any of these which are my trademarks! And that includes attempts by the government or officers of the government to use my trademarked names!

I've already taken out a trademark for "In the beginning God created heaven and earth" and I will soon be taking out a trademark for the following:
I, ..., do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
I will vigorously defend my property rights. Be warned Barak, I'm coming after you!

No comments: