Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thought for the Day

Gosh... I wish I had thought of this...
Plan B

I get that administration officials were not as pessimistic as I was about the economy. I don't claim to right and prescient about everything. They could have been right!

What bugs me is that they should have had a plan 'B' in place. And they didn't.

From: Duncan Black, Eschaton blog
I'm just a plodder. I'm not that snazzy debonair 'intellect' that Obama is. I would have thought that a guy as smart as Obama with all the the resources of the presidency would have come up with a Plan B. But then, I'm just a average schmoe. I'm dumb enough to think I would have come up with not just a Plan B, but a Plan C, and even a 'just-in-case' Plan D. But then I'm not the "leader of the free world" and as deep a thinker as Obama. Thank goodness we have clear thinkers like Obama who don't let themselves get disttracted with Plan Bs or concerns about downsides or unintended consequences or unexpected turns in the road.

A leader like Obama is a precious resource. He is like a famous Civil War general would could calmly lead his troops across the fields of Gettysburg amidst withering fire and not be distracted. No concerns about troops falling all around him. No, a true leader knows that job one is to lead. Damn the consequence. No distractions. No second thoughts. No Plan B. Not curiosity. No second opinions. Just heroism, just a steely look in your eye as your step boldly into the jaws of death leading your people proudly to their finest moment. Never let 50% casualties deter your from your moment with destiny! Lead on! Charge into the maw of doom. Glory! Glory! Glory!

No comments: