Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Inside Scoop at Davos

Here's a fun report by Daniel Gross of Slate Magazine on the super-rich and super-powerful at their annual playground Davos, or as they like to call it, the World Economic Forum:



Daniel Gross gives a nice tongue-in-cheek evaluation of the themes of the meeting and the integrity of these pillars of the community.

I especially love the bit about this elite "demonstrating their commitment to fighting climate change" while the camera pans down the one main street where the rich and powerful leave their cars idling. I suppose this is to keep those cars warm and cozy inside. That's gives you are really good insight into the depth of commitment to "fighting" global warming from these thought leaders. I guess I can honestly say I have the same depth of commitment to "fighting" global warming sans the idling car. I'm just a schmuck who turns the thermostat down, turns off lights when he leaves a room, and do go jetting about for vacations. I guess I'm a rich & powerful wanna-be without the rich and without the power, so my "fighting" global warming isn't quite up to the standard these guys set.

No comments: