Friday, September 11, 2009

A Brief Moment in the Sun, A Brief Moment of Glory

Canada was a creditor nation for most fleeting amount of time 2008. It was our moment of glory. We were paying our way through life...



Sadly, that moment is gone. Back to being a debtor. Back to promising that one day all those investments will pay off and this country can carry its own weight in the world. One day... but not today.

I guess you could invert the sentiment and claim pride that Canada is viewed as a country worthy of being a target of investment. The world's community trusts that investments here will be sound and provide a good return. But my personal prejudice is that I would rather be a creditor than a debtor, and I want my country to rise to that status again, soon!

The above is from the Bank of Montreal's weekly finance digest Focus.

No comments: