Sunday, December 7, 2008

White is Black, Left is Right

I enjoyws Aayan Hirisi Ali's autobiographical book Infidel. It was a fascinating story. She is a very intelligent woman with a very interesting personal story. I recommend that you read her book.

The following is her offering snapshots of her thought...



What I don't like is that she has moved from one world view to another, as she herself says, from radical Islamic funadamentalist, to social democrat, to right wing libertarian fundamentalist (apparantly). Maybe she isn't finished "finding herself" in her political philosophy. It disturbs me that she seems able to drift and have no anchor. She is obviously intelligent, but she seems to have no core. It bothers me that she works for a right wing think tank AEI (American Enterprise Institute) and is funded by a rich man's foundation that throws its money around on religion and right wing politics, the Templeton Foundation which sponsored these "Big Think" videos.

No comments: