Monday, August 1, 2011

Krugman Has Had It with Obama

In this post on his NY Times blog Paul Krugman throws in the towel on Obama. Obama simply has no interest in the bottom 90% of the population. He is too busy acting as a gofer for his Wall Street patrons:
What Would I Have Done?

That’s the question Obama’s kinda-sorta defenders keep asking; it’s supposed to be a conversation-stopper.

But the answer is clear: I would have made a statement declaring that giving in to this kind of blackmail would constitute a violation of my oath of office, and that my lawyers, on careful reflection, have determined that there are several legal options that allow me to ignore this extortionate demand.

Now, the Obama people say that this wasn’t actually an option. Well, I hate to say this, but I don’t believe them.

Think about the history here; think about all the misjudgments, all the reasons this administration has come up with not to act — not to act against the bankers, not to act on taxes, and down the line. Think of the colossal misjudgment over Republican intentions on debt. Why, at this point, should anyone trust these people when they say that they did all they could?

It’s much, much too late for Obama and co. to say “Trust us, we know what we’re doing.” My reservoir of trust is now completely drained. And I know I’m not alone.
Poor America. They can't say "next year it will be better". Nope. They have to face the reality that in 2012 they will have a choice between hope-but-no-delivery Obama and some right wing fruitcake. That means relief lies past the 2016 elections. Maybe in the 2017 to 2019 time frame a government may be in place to revive the economy and help people get jobs and back into homes.

No comments: