Thursday, May 29, 2008

Scott Adams' "Stick to Drawing Comics, Monkey Brain"

I've enjoyed Dilbert Comics even though I was never a cubicle inmate, but I did work in high tech. His office environment commentary is dead right.

Over the past year I've been reading his blog. This book is a collection of blog entries from around 2006. The nice thing is that while they are reliably amusing they also give you some insight into his personality. He strikes me as the kind of guy it would be fun to pal around with but who you want to make sure lives several blocks from you. In other words, he's fun but he is a bit screwy. Do they call that "comic genius"? I don't know. But I appreciate his twisted perspective. It helps me better adjust my own perspective. He's a bit too libertarian for me, but from reading this I can understand his reasoning and better identify where he and I part company. On the whole, it was a fun read. Lots of short bits in all directions, so if one doesn't hit your fancy the next might. Great light reading!

No comments: